Madrid without group leaders – Hostel.
This program includes a wide range of diverting and educative activities that will make the students get in depth into the Spanish culture. This way, they will get a complete overview of the historical facts that have made of Madrid the city we know today. It’s a full-immersion experience, in which the participants will have to use all the linguistic resources within reach, so as to communicate and understand what is happening around them. The trip is designed as completely as possible, addressing many of the expressions of the Spanish culture: history, gastronomy, painting, urban art, music, cinema…
Doubtlessly this is the perfect program to get in love with Madrid!
At your arrival, we will be waiting for you at Madrid Airport. From there, we will go, in out private bus, to the hostel. After lunch, we will start discovering the city with a touristic scavenger hunt that will reveal some of the secrets of the capital of Spain. Afterwards, we will go to the hostel, where we will have time to check in and relax a little bit.
After waking up, getting ready and having breakfast at the hostel, we will head the Andén 0 Museum (Platform zero museum), where we will discover the insides of Madrid and the history of its underground. Afterwards, we will go along the Golden Mile up to the Retiro Park. During this walk, we will see the area with most luxury fashion and jewellery firm of the city.
In the afternoon, we will have time to go for walk around the Park, enjoy the lake and the immense gardens, visit the exhibitions at the Cristal Palace, or do some games to go deep into its history and get to know every single corner.
On our third day, we will go to discover the most alternative part of Madrid. Matadero is the old slaughterhouse, turned today into a one of the most important Cultural Centres of the city. We will do a guided visit and we will learn the process of adaptation of the halls to create exhibition rooms, a cinema, a canteen… When we are done, we will take advantage of the unbeatable location of this centre to go for a nice walk along Madrid Río and have lunch over there. This is an immense park that was built after the burying of one of the main arteries of the city.
The plan for the afternoon will be calm, but that does not mean it will be boring! We will go to the cinema to watch a Spanish film… do you prefer drama or comedy?
Before leaving Madrid, we cannot forget visiting the Prado Museum, where we will enjoy an entertaining didactic visit. Afterwards, we will go walking through the Barrio de las Letras up to the district of Sol, where we will have free time to have lunch.
With our batteries recharged, we will go shopping to Gran Vía, where we will have free time to buy some souvenirs or even have an ice–cream enjoying the sun. We will meet again to go all together and admire the sunset from the exotic Debod Temple.
*Subject to availability.
This amazing trip is coming to its end… so, after breakfast, we will have time to pack our things and head to the airport.
We hope to see you soon! Have a safe journey back!
The program includes
- Accommodation in hostel (dormitories), 4 nights.
- Half board (breakfast and dinner).
- All the activities detailed in the program.
- All the specific material for the each activity.
- Transfer from/to the airport (return trip).
- Transport during all the trip: private coach and/or public transport.
- Travel insurance, civil liability insurance and medical insurance.
- 2 free-of-charge teachers/chaperones.
- Welcome gift.
- City-wide scavenger hunt
- Visit to Andén 0 Museum
- Walk on the El Retiro Park, the Golden Mile, the Barrio de las Letras (home to great writers of the Golden Age of Spanish literature) and Madríd Río Park
- Visit to the Contemporary Art Center: Matadero
- Cinema session (Spanish film)
- Visit to the Prado Museum
- Visit to the Debod Temple
- Flamenco show with dinner.
- Scavenger hunt with iPads in Madrid.
- Outdoor painting workshop in El Retiro.
- Santiago Bernabéu Tour.
- Would you like to add anything else? Let us know!
To take into account
- This program is completely adaptable to the arrival and departure flight times.
- The program can be personalised by adding or removing activities. It can also undergo unavoidable changes, although this would always be previously communicated and agreed with the client.
- The quote has been calculated on a base of 30 students + 2 teachers.
- The total price can vary depending on eventual price changes by our suppliers or due to the lack of availability in the detailed accommodation.